Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Dilemma.


In the essay below, “How I started: My first car” I just start to talk about my brother. How he’s a high school dropout, and simply adores cars. Well he has trouble entering the business of filliping cars, because he has no major funds to get started. All this week he has been trying to convince me to invest in him.

Basically what he wants to do is borrow some money to buy a car resell it and then give me back the money with interest. This means I will not lose, with in two months I can make up to five hundred dollars without doing anything. This way I will make money without lifting a finger and he will make some extra cash as well. The car that he wants to get is a 2005 Chevrolet Impala. The impala is selling at a junk yard, who bought it from an insurance auction. It has no damage because the insurance company repaired it before they sold it. The selling price of the car is $4900 but my brother could probably negotiate for a lower price, so that the car comes out to be with tax and everything to $5000. He can turn around and sell the car within the month or two for over $7500, that a pretty nice investment.

If I do decide to give my brother the money and make some cash without lifting a finger. I will be left without money for the next two months, which means I can’t invest the money into one of my cars. Now you see my dilemma.

1 comment:

Cap'n Fatback said...

What will win out? Brotherhood or entrepreneurial gusto?

Smells like a follow-up post.

"Flipping," not "filliping" cars.

Nice post.