Thursday, January 31, 2008

What If ???

Talks about a recession are becoming more and more recurring in the United States, which means slower business for me. If a recession does happen and I still have the cars that I own now, I will be out of luck. If I do decide to keep the cars, they will fall in value by forty percent, or so. In the news portion of AOL in the biging of the week, they had an article explaining how the prices are going to fall by thirty to forty percent if a recession does happen. The problem for me is to figure out when the recession will happen so that I could sell my cars before it hits. I have to pay close attention to the news and the car market so that I can figure out when to sell. The reason for this is, the cars that I own now are worth lots of money, and I paid for them a hefty price. Let’s say for example, my Mercedes-Benz is worth just over thirty thousand dollars right now and I could sell it easily for $28,000. When a recession hits the car would be worth just blow twenty thousand dollars and I could sell it for about $15,000. That means that I will lose around $13,000 dollars. If I was to sell the car before the recession for $28,000 and then repurchase the same kind of car after for $15,000 I would have the same kind of car and make $13,000. That’s why we all have to be careful during these troubling times.

1 comment:

Cap'n Fatback said...

Okay, good, MM.

Nice topic.

Still, remember to put paragraphs in there. Look for changes in your topics. Also, watch our spelling of "beginning."