Wednesday, January 23, 2008

finding the man

Last week I told you about the guy that installed the windows into my Mazda 6s, and scratched up my car. I could not reach him on the phone, so I decided to go visit his warehouse. He didn’t know that I knew were his warehouse was, it just so happens that last week when I went to the junk yard with my little brother to get him a transmission for his car I saw it next to the junk yard. My brother got himself a 2001 Honda Civic Si, he really liked that car but not for long. He didn’t use his head, because he took the car with some friends to his high school and started drifting, the car slid all over the snow covered parking lot. He slid off the parking lot with one tire instead of stopping and digging himself out; he continued to push on the gas pedal. He forgot one major thing; you can’t have one tire on the car turning and the other one stand still. Doing so can blow the transmission. Going the next day to the junk yard to pick up a transmission and I was amazed to see the warehouse that belongs to Mike, the guy that installed my windows, next to the junk yard. Now knowing were his warehouse was I went over there and started telling him off. After about two hours of arguing he decided to pay for the damage and a little extra to clean the car. It turns out that I got an even bigger discount on my car.

5 comments:

bigwetdirt said...

Good for you man I'm glad you got your money back. I hate scum bags that rip people off like that.

O I hope your brother got like LSD tranny sooo much nicer.

Zeek said...

well at least you got what you wanted out of the deal. that not cool that they messed up your car like that and were not even going to tell you. i bet that, that guy was really pissed off that he had to fix it, but also that he had to take more time into it. and your little brother needs some driving lessons i bet you could do that for him so let him now whats up so he does not ruin his car.

Cap'n Fatback said...

MM--
Okay, good, nice update. I'd probably suggest that you "show" some of the dialogue with the window installer. Also, recognize where you can break this into smaller paragraphs.

Learn the difference between where/were: "Now knowing where his warehouse was"

ForwardThought said...

Nice reading, it is nice to get something extra; especially, when you are getting jerked around. Your commit on my blog was inspiring, thank you.

zx6rider said...

Thats good that he ended up fixing it and making it right. I hate when those bastards deny everything and act like its your fault.